Another 60 million cubic meters of gas to be added to grid: Minister
Tehran, Minister of Petroleum Bijan Zanganeh underscored on Saturday that 60 million cubic meters of gas will enter the circuit in the current Iranian year (started March 21) and all phases will be completed by the end of next year, except for the phase 11 of South Pars.
The Iranian Oil minister went on to say while in the entire history of the oil ministry until the beginning of the first term of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, 10 phases of South Pars had been inaugurated, a sum of 14 phases became operational during the current Iranian government.
Zangeneh went on to say that 60 million cubic meters of gas will be produced this year.
The Iranian oil minister said that when production started in West of Karoun, its output was 70,000 barrels per day and now despite the sanctions, it has reached 350,000 barrels per day, adding, "In this sector we have more production from Iraq."
Speaking about the important work done in the section, the oil minister said: "We focused on this area and managed to provide resources under difficult conditions."
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency IRNA