Death toll in Kabul terror attack mounts to 11
Kabul, Afghanistan Interior Ministry announced that the death toll caused by the terrorist attacks on the ceremonies commemorating the anniversary of martyrdom of Abdolali Mazari, leader and founder of Afghan Vahdat Islami Party, have increased to 11 with the injury count rising to 95.
Speaking to reporters on Friday, spokesman for Afghan Interior Ministry Nosrat Rahimi said based on the preliminary investigations 11 people, including three women were killed and 95 others namely 12 women were injured.
Despite the fact that the terrorist group ISIS (Daesh) had earlier claimed the responsibility for the incident, Rahimi said based on the investigations the attack was conducted by Taliban.
Executive Head of Afghanistan government, former vice president Mohammad Yunus Qanuni and Second Deputy Chief Executive Mohammad Mohaqiq were addressing the meeting when the explosions occurred on Thursday.
Earlier, Iran Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi strongly denounced suicide attack on the conference in Kabul.
He said that terrorist groups, including Daesh, are seeking to create intimidation among the ranks of the Afghan government and people.
The key to their failure in achieving their evil objectives is full vigilance of all the Afghan state and public pillars, he said.
Daesh, in its vain delusion, is seeking to make up for its failures in Syria and Iraq by committing such crimes, he said, noting, Certainly Afghan people and government's cooperation and solidarity can play a crucial role in purging the country from terrorists.
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency IRNA