First group of Iranian Hajj pilgrims leave for S. Arabia tomorrow
Tehran, First group of Iranian pilgrims comprising 270 people are to leave Tehran for the city of Medina in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday (July 18), it was announced on Tuesday.
Talking to the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), Head of Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization (HPO) Hamid Mohammadi said the pilgrims would travel to Saudi Arabia on daily basis as of Thursday from Imam Khomeini International Airport.
Commenting on issuance of electronic visa for Iranian pilgrims, Mohammadi said so far 25,000 electronic visas have been issued, adding that the rest would be issued in the upcoming days.
Earlier, Mohammadi announced that some 85,200 Iranian pilgrims will be transported to Saudi Arabia to perform Hajj rituals.
According to the schedule, flights to Medina will begin on July 18, and flights to Jaddah will begin on July 30, said Hamid.
He also said that all the necessary measures, like providing accommodations, medical care, nutrition, etc., have been taken in preparation for the ritual.
Each year, in Hajj season, Iranians like other Muslims in the world go to Mecca to make the Hajj pilgrimage.
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency - IRNA