FM: Obstacles hindering Iran’s economic growth removed by JCPOA
Tehran, Aug 16, The July 2015 nuclear deal did lead to removal of 'unfair obstacles' to Iran's scientific and economic growth, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad said here on Wednesday.
'Iran takes its security and economic power from within itself,' Mohammad Javad Zarif said at parliament's open session on Wednesday morning to defend himself as one of the cabinet picks taken by President Hassan Rouhani.
Zarif further stressed that Iran is the country which was removed from the list of matters mentioned in the Chapter VII of the Charter of the UN Security Council, and as he said the event took place for the first time during the 70-year history of the international body.
As to Iran after the post-JCPOA, Zarif said the link between the government and the Iranian expatriates haa been fostered.
Talking of the Iranophobia policy adopted by certain countries, the top diplomat said it is a worn-out tactic.
Also on the policy pursued by Washington on ignoring the international deal known as the JCPOA, Zarif said, 'Such a policy will lead to the isolation of the US and will prepare the way for Iran to take reciprocal measures.
Commenting on Iran's interactions with the region, Zarif said Iran seriously follows the confidence-building policy in the region.
Also about Iran's foreign policies, he underlined that cooperation with the World of Islam to counter the Zionist regime, support for the Palestinian people and return of the cause of Palestine to the main issue of the world of Islam are at the top of Tehran's policies.
Majlis (Parliament) sessions to review proposed ministers' qualifications including Zarif's started on Tuesday.
Part of Zarif's qualifications are listed below:
1. PhD in International relations
2. Minister of Foreign Affairs in the 11th government
3. Iran's Permanent Envoy to the United Nations
4. Former Foreign Minister's advisor
5. Deputy Foreign Minister for Legal and International Affairs
6. Head of UNESCO Culture Commission
7. Publishing scores of books and articles in international affairs field
Zarif has also outlined his main plans as follows:
1. Safeguarding independence, national unity and territorial integrity
2. Giving aids to maintain national security
3. Playing constructive role and increasing regional and international penetration
4. Reducing county's vulnerability
5. Helping to develop country in all fields
6. Promoting ties and decreasing tensions and hostilities
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency