FM spox warns US against robbing Iranians’ assets
Tehran, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman says the US should know that it cannot rob Iranians from their assets by scattering lies.
Bahram Qasemi made the remarks Wednesday night in reaction to Luxemburg court act which rejects US antiIran claims over 9/11 incident.
A Luxembourg court rejected a US request to compensate victims of the Twin Tower attacks by seizing assets from Iran, a country an American court has accused of involvement in the event that killed thousands, Luxembourg Times reported.
The rule of the US court used to repeal the immunity of the defendants, namely the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Central Bank of Iran, is not compatible with international law, it added.
Speaking to reporters, Qasemi said after a complaint was filed by Central Bank of Iran (CBI) to this effect, Iranian Foreign Ministry and vice presidenct’s office for legal affairs took huge efforts in international scales to safeguard Iranians’ rights which led to this success.
Undoubtedly the era of US bullying, totalitarianism and attributing baseless allegations against other countries has come to end, he added.
The Luxemburg court’s injunction indicates the fact that some courts with independent approaches will still be able to exist in the international community.
US which has spent a lot to provoke world public opinion against an independent country like Iran and has promoted falsifications to exonerate the major elements behind the 9/11 and to distract the public opinion should be aware of the fact that it is not able to rob Iranian’s properties, he noted.
Elsewhere in his remarks, Qasemi urged the US President Donald Trump to know that the smart Iranian people are different from those who grant their countries’ assets to US to win its support to gain security.
The US which has so far experienced various defeats in legal and political skirmishes against Iran, will face more failures and retreats against Iranians’ determination, he noted.
Qasemi reiterated that Iranians will foil all US cruel plots by their intelligence and by the experience of the US repetitive pressures which were out of its hostility.
Earlier, the Governor of Central Bank of Iran Abdolnaser Hemmati said Iran achieved another victory against the US.
He added that in the wake of CBI’s complaint and also the efforts made by Iranian Foreign Ministry, vice presidency for legal affairs and also Iranian lawyers, the Luxemburg court annulled the injunction.
The September 11 attacks were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist group alQaeda against the United States on the morning of Tuesday, September 11, 2001.
Tehran has simultaneously filed a lawsuit against US action with the International Court of Justice [ICJ] and asked for declaring the illegality of US demand and to oblige Washington to put an end to this process.
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency IRNA