Hamas: US seeking to impose ‘deal of the century’ on Palestine
Tehran, US government's new move to cut financial aid to Palestinian hospitals in al Quds is a follow-up to Washington's futile efforts to impose President Donald Trump's 'deal of the century' on Palestinians, the Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) said on Sunday.
'In order to impose 'deal of the century', the US government has exerted all kinds of pressures against our people,' Hamas Spokesman Hazim Qassim said in a statement, according to a report by the Arabic section of Turkey's Anadolu news agency.
'But their attempts have been futile,' the Statement by Qassim read.
The US government is under the delusion that our nation may renounce its rights, but future will prove US policies are unfruitful in this regard, he added.
Qassim went on to say the Palestinians will keep fighting against colonialism and occupation until they achieve their goals.
In another statement, the Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Saturday US cutting its aid to the occupied Quds hospitals is a war against Palestine and that the US has crossed all red lines.
Earlier news sources had reported President Trump had cut 20 million dollars in funding to the hospitals in the city of al Qud.
The United States has made many decisions over the last year to remove the Palestinian issue off the negotiating table, most notably the illegal recognition of Quds as the capital of the Zionist regime, relocation of the Embassy of the United States from Tel Aviv to Quds and cutting aid funding for UNRWA (the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees).
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency - IRNA