Int’l lawyer ridicules Israeli PM’s anti-Iran allegations
Tehran, A prominent law expert from Geneva's Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies ridiculed the recent claims made by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about discovering what he claimed again were nuclear facilities in Iran.
Reza Nasri on Friday released a Twitter thread on Netanyahu's recent accusations against Iran at the UNGA, the full text follows:
1) #Netanyahu accused #Iran of hiding a 'secret atomic warehouse' in #Turquzabad. In idiomatic Farsi, the term 'Turquzabad' is defined as a 'placeholder name' used by native speakers to signal that they don't know or can't remember a more precise word to refer to something.
2) For Farsi speakers, 'Turquzabad' is a term equivalent to 'John Doe' or 'Main Street' or 'NoWhereLand' in English, which are terms that carry no real semantic information. Among Iranians, it is often used in a derisive way in a comical context.
3) This is why Iran deputy FM Dr. Araghchi and FM @JZarif are having fun over it at Netanyahu's expense:
4) Many are inclined to believe that Iranian intelligence services probably manipulated their Israeli counterparts and #Netanyahu into using this term at this prestigious forum. What better way to have them ridicule themselves?
5) Imagine a prime minister accusing 'John Doe' of conducting nuclear activities at a secret facility in 'NoWhereLand', New York!
Earlier on Friday, Iran's envoy to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) reacted to Netanyahu's unfounded allegations by saying that Iran is watching 'Israel's criminal behavior whenever they do it wherever they do it.'
Meanwhile, the Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in a message urged the Zionist regime of Israel to admit to and open its 'undeclared' nuclear arsenal to UN inspectors.
'No arts and craft show will ever obfuscate that Israel is only regime in our region with a *secret* and *undeclared* nuclear weapons program - including an *actual atomic arsenal*,' said Zarif in a tweet on September 28 with a reference to the allegations made by the Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu at the United Nations General Assembly.
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency - IRNA