Iran rights official: 48 culprits identified in top general’s assassination case
The head of the Iranian Judiciary's High Council for Human Rights says 48 culprits have been identified in connection with the assassination of the country’s legendary anti-terror commander Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani.
"Some 48 culprits have been identified [in relation to Lt. Gen. Soleimani's assassination] and all necessary measures have been taken to prosecute them," Ali Baqeri-Kani said on Monday.
He added that countries, which have been somehow involved in this crime, have been asked to provide relevant information and documents to the Iranian Judiciary.
"Germany was the last country. We have obtained reports and information that the US (Ramstein air) base in Germany was involved in the exchange of information among the American drones that were involved in the assassination of Martyr Soleimani," Baqeri-Kani said, commenting on the latest developments regarding the case.
US terrorists assassinated General Soleimani, the commander of the Quds Force of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), along with Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy head of Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), and their companions by targeting their vehicle outside Baghdad International Airport on January 3.
The cowardly act of terror was carried out under the direction of US President Donald Trump, with the Pentagon taking responsibility for the strike.
General Soleimani is viewed by the world's freedom-seeking people as the key figure in defeating Daesh, the world’s most notorious terrorist group, in the Middle East battles.
A senior Iranian official said on Sunday that the Islamic Republic has drawn up a list of 48 individuals against whom legal action will be taken in relation to the assassination of General Soleimani.
Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, who advises Iran’s Parliament speaker on international affairs, said that Iran had already prepared a list of 45 individuals who were one way or another related to the assassination, and the list has now been extended to include 48 people.
Addressing a virtual news conference in Tehran on Monday, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said the country will not let those behind the assassination of the top anti-terror commander evade punishment.
“We will not allow the martyr’s blood to go to waste and those who did it escape punishment," he said, adding that the country has ceaselessly pursued this matter and will keep doing so through the international channels.
Source: Press TV