Breaking News
 |  | 

Medical

Israel bans Palestinians from entering AlAqsa Mosque

Tehran, The Israeli officials have banned 133 of Palestinians from entering AlAqsa Mosque in February, Turkish medis 'Anadolou' reported.

The Islamic Waqf Council in its latest report announced 'following the council's decision on February 14, its head Sheikh AbdelAzeem Salhab and his deputy, Sheikh Najeh Bkerat, were briefly detained and hit with a oneweek ban'.

Israeli police extended the bans on Sunday by 40 days for Salhab and four months for Bkerat, Anadolu quoted a spokesman for the Waqf Council as saying.

Earlier, Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) issued a statement on Friday saying AlAqsa Mosque is the redline of the Muslim Ummah.

The statement followed the demonstration of hundreds of Palestinians in BaitulMuqaddas earlier in the day.

The Zionist regime cannot implement its plans by changing the realities and occupation, the statement said.

It added that the Palestinian people did a great job today by rallying towards AlAqsa Mosque despite all the obstacles the Zionists created.

Hamas also called on the Arab and Muslim nations to stand to normalizing relations with the Zionist regime.

Palestinian protesters pushed their way into the Bab alRahma (Gate of Mercy) area of the AlAqsa Mosque for the first time since the Zionists closed it in 2003. They said their prayers in the area after 16 years.

Source: Islamic Republic News Agency IRNA


The iran News Gazette is mainly concerned with news and information about the Arab region and also covers international issues. Its main objective is to provide reliable and verified information on the Arab region for publishing on the digital landscape.