|  | 

Technology

Judiciary rejects rumors on release of Iranian-American Baqer Namazi

He has not been released,' Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei said in a press conference on Sunday.

Mohseni Ejei rejected the rumors about release of Namazi, and said that he has been permitted to leave the jail for medical treatment.

Speaking about those arrested in the recent riots in Iran, Mohseni Ejei said that 246 people who were involved in the unrests are now in custody.

He noted that 120 indictments has been issued in the capital, Tehran and four people are now in custody.

Commenting on the recent move in social networks against the headscarves worn by Muslim women, the official said that the move had been orchestrated from abroad.

Source: Islamic Republic News Agency � IRNA


The iran News Gazette is mainly concerned with news and information about the Arab region and also covers international issues. Its main objective is to provide reliable and verified information on the Arab region for publishing on the digital landscape.