No negligence from China to douse fire of Iran tanker: Diplomat
Beijing� Iran's consul general in Shanghai rejected the claims that China has neglected to help tame the fire caused after the Iranian tanker collided with a Chinese freighter in East China coast.
'Shanghai's local officials and Beijing's central government have spared no effort to extinguish the blaze after the collision,' Alireza Irvash told the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).
'Unfortunately, some people who are not present on the scene make such claims without any principled investigation,' Irvash said.
An Iranian tanker carrying condensates collided with a Chinese freight ship in East China coast on Saturday night, and the 32 members of the crew went missing. One body was found on Monday, and according to Iran's officials, the body belongs to an Iranian seaman.
China has given priority to the situation of the Iranian crew, Irvash said, adding the country also cares deeply about the environmental losses, so it has been making all its efforts to manage the incident which happened four days ago.
China is trying to extinguish the fire using its full capacity, the diplomat said.
Earlier this morning, Irvash announced that the operation to put out the fire of the Iranian tanker began on Wednesday.
President Hassan Rouhani in a meeting on Tuesday with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, Petroleum Minister Bijan Zangeneh and Minister of Roads and Urban Development Abbas Akhoundi called for employing all national and regional capacities to determine the fate of the crew.
Following the President's order, a special committee was formed to follow up the issue.
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency