|  | 

General

Pakistan media exclusively cover Ahvaz terror attack

Islamabad, Pakistani electronic and print media in their reports have given wide coverage to terrorist attack in Iran's southwestern city of Ahvaz that claimed the lives of dozens of people and injured dozens more on Saturday.

At least 25 people, including women and children, were killed and 60 others were injured during September 22 terror attack which took place during a military parade held to mark the 38th anniversary of an eight-year imposed war against Iran.

The self-proclaimed Saudi-affiliated Al-Ahwaziya terrorist group claimed responsibility for the attack.

'Dawn' in its report said tens of thousands of mourners attended a funeral in the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz for soldiers and civilians killed in an attack on a military parade.

The mourners, mostly wearing black, carried pictures of the dead along with banners reading we will stand to the end and no to terrorism.

'Dawn' in another report said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has pointed blame at Arab militants for a deadly attack on a military parade and accused an unnamed United States-backed Arab state of supporting them.

Tehran also summoned diplomats from Denmark, the Netherlands and Britain for allegedly hosting members of the militant group.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said the attack had been carried out by terrorists recruited, trained, armed and paid by a foreign regime.

Daily 'Express Tribune' said the deputy head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards warned US and Zionist leaders to expect a 'devastating' response from Tehran, accusing them of involvement in an attack on a military parade in the city of Ahvaz.

Thousands of people packed the streets of the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz to mourn the victims of Saturday's assault that killed 25 people, including 12 members of the elite Revolutionary Guards.

'Express Tribune' in another story said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has vowed a crushing response after assailants sprayed a crowd with gunfire, shooting dead at least 26 people, including women and children, Saturday at a military parade near the Iraqi border.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also blamed Iran's pro-US rivals, saying the attack was part of the conspiracy of regional governments that are American lackeys and who aim to create insecurity in our dear country.

'Radio Pakistan' said Iran has summoned the envoys of the Netherlands, Denmark and Britain over the shooting at a military parade in which 26 people were killed and 60 others wounded when some four gunmen fired on a military parade in Ahvaz city of Khuzestan province.

Talking to media, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qasemi said, it is not acceptable that these groups are not listed as terrorist organizations by the European Union.

'Radio Pakistan' in another report said Pakistan has strongly denounced the attack on Iranian military parade. Daily 'The News' added the deputy head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards has warned US and the Zionist leaders to expect a devastating response from Tehran, accusing them of involvement in an attack on a military parade in the city of Ahvaz.

You have seen our revenge before ... You will see that our response will be crushing and devastating and you will regret what you have done, Hossein Salami said in a speech before the funeral of the victims broadcast live on the state television.

Thousands of people packed the streets of the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz to mourn the victims of Saturday's assault.

The mourners, mostly wearing black, carried pictures of the dead along with banners reading 'we will stand to the end' and 'no to terrorism'.

'The Nation' reported Pakistan has strongly condemned terrorist attack on a military parade in Ahvaz, Iran.

Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal in his tweet message said Our deepest condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones in this heinous attack. Pakistan condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations'.

Pakistan Ambassador in Tehran Riffat Masood in a message also denounced the terrorist attack on a military parade in Ahvaz.

Pakistan Today' reported tens of thousands of mourners have attended a funeral in the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz for soldiers and civilians killed in an attack on a military parade.

The mourners, mostly wearing black, carried pictures of the dead along with banners reading we will stand to the end and no to terrorism.

'Pakistan Today' in yet another report said Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has said that the attackers who killed 26 people at a military parade were paid by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, and Iran would severely punish those behind the attack.

Based on reports, this cowardly act was done by people who the Americans come to help when they are trapped in Syria and Iraq, and are paid by Saudi Arabia and the UAE, Khamenei was quoted as saying on his official website.

'Pakistan Today' also reported that Iran warns the US, the Zionist Regime of revenge after parade attack.

'Daily Times' said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has pointed blame at Arab militants for a deadly attack on a military parade and accused an unnamed US-backed Persian Gulf state of supporting them.

Tehran also summoned diplomats from Denmark, the Netherlands and Britain for allegedly hosting members of the group suspected of links to Saturday's attack that killed at least 25 people.

It said Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps has vowed to exact deadly and unforgettable vengeance for a shooting attack on a military parade that killed 26 people, including 12 of their comrades.

Pakistan official news agency APP reported that Pakistan has strongly condemned a terrorist attack on military parade in Ahvaz province of Iran in which several lives were reportedly lost.

Our deepest condolences to the families who have lost their loved ones in this heinous attack, Pakistan condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, said the Foreign Ministry spokesperson in statement.

The APP in another report said UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned the terrorist attack in Iran's southwestern city of Ahvaz which reportedly left dozens, including children, dead and injured.

Daily 'Business Recorder' said Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said the attackers who killed 26 people at a military parade had been paid by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, and that Iran would severely punish those behind the bloodshed.

The deputy head of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps also accused the United States and the Zionist Regime of involvement in the attack and said they should expect a devastating response.

'Business Recorder' in a story said Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif blamed a foreign regime backed by the United States for Saturday's attack on a military parade.

Terrorists recruited, trained, armed and paid by a foreign regime have attacked Ahvaz, Zarif said in a tweet, adding: Iran holds regional terror sponsors and their US masters accountable for such attacks.

The paper said thousands of people gathered Monday morning in the south-western Iranian city of Ahvaz for the funeral of those killed during an attack on a military parade.

'Dunya TV' reported tens of thousands of mourners have attended a funeral in the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz for soldiers and civilians killed in an attack on a military parade.

It said Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said the attackers were 'funded by' Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, in his latest remarks after having already blamed 'American lackeys' for the assault.

'Geo TV' said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has accused the United States of being a 'bully' that wants to create insecurity in the Islamic Republic, a day after an attack on a military parade that killed 25 people, including 12 members of the country's elite Revolutionary Guards.

'Iran's answer (to this attack) is forthcoming within the framework of law and our national interests,' said Rouhani, adding that the United States will regret its 'aggressiveness'.

'Samma Tv' reported Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has accused US-backed Persian Gulf Arab states of carrying out an attack on a military parade that killed 25 people, almost half of them members of the country's elite Revolutionary Guards.

This crime is a continuation of the plots of the regional states that are puppets of the United States, and their goal is to create insecurity in our dear country, Khamenei said in a statement published on his website.

Meanwhile English news daily Dawn and Daily Times have also written editorials on Ahvaz attack and warned against serious consequences of such cowardly act.

All Pakistan Urdu news papers including Jang, Nawa-e-waqt, Express, Dunya, Abtak, Pakistan, Khabrain and others have also given special coverage to the terrorist attack in Ahvaz.

Source: Islamic Republic News Agency - IRNA


The iran News Gazette is mainly concerned with news and information about the Arab region and also covers international issues. Its main objective is to provide reliable and verified information on the Arab region for publishing on the digital landscape.