Saudi bloody wedding game in Yemen
Tehran, The image of a Yemeni little boy crying over the dead body of his father killed in a recent Saudi air strike has shocked many across the world
War planes of the Saudi-led Arab coalition attacked on Monday a wedding ceremony in Hajjah Province in northwest of Yemen.
In the picture the Yemeni child seems to be helpless; for him and many others the wedding ceremony is over, though he can hardly believe the ordeal; he and other people attending the wedding ceremony expected merrymaking late into the night but now everybody should be prepared for a funeral.
The father of the Yemeni kid was one of the 33 civilians killed in the Saudi-led bombing of the wedding ceremony. But the kid was lucky; out of 55 injured, 30 were reportedly children and two days after the attack the number of dead is still rising.
To inflict more casualties, Saudi fighters raided the region several times after the main attack to sabotage relief operation even targeting ambulances.
This is not the first time similar ceremonies are bombed by warplanes of the Saudi-led Arab coalition. Last September saw an air strike against a wedding ceremony in Taiz city in southwestern country, where 131 were killed as the result of the attack.
Too, in 2015 a wedding ceremony was targeted in Sanban, a region in Dhamar Province in southwestern Yemen.
But the happy ceremonies are not the sole targets Saudi military leaders choose to attack; the coalition’s F-16 fighters attacked a mourning ceremony in the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, in October 2016 and killed 140 already mournful people.
As described in some media in the Arab world, the Arab coalition led by Saudi Arabia now is regarded by many as a professional killer; the one that never hesitate to attack peaceful civil ceremonies, wedding or mourning alike.
Four years of an uneven war has taken a terrible toll on Yemen’s civilians.
According to the Human Rights Watch report 2017, the Saudi-led coalition has used cluster munitions and carried out scores of indiscriminate and disproportionate airstrikes that have killed thousands of civilians in violation of the laws of war, with munitions that the US, United Kingdom, and others supply.
The Saudi-led attacks have left close to 14,000 Yemenis dead with around 2,900 of those killed children and more than 2,000 women.
The Western governments and all the claimants of the human rights feel quite free to supply the Arab coalition countries, including Saudi Arabia, with weaponry and all types of military hardware.
But, while peace groups accuse the United States of fuelling Saudi war on Yemen, Trump touted weapons deals with the kingdom during his visit in Washington with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman.
A lot of people are at work because of Saudi Arabia’s business, Trump said while welcoming Bin Salman to the White House, adding that the kingdom has finalized 12.5 billion dollars in purchases of planes, missiles and frigates from US companies.
Earlier in the day, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Saudi Arabia has not been able to bring the people of Yemen to their knees even with the use of ‘beautiful US weapons.’
Article written by the Middle East and Africa Desk of the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA)
Abridged and translated by Reza Bahar
Source: Islamic Republic News Agency – IRNA