Saudi jets in heaviest Ramadan bombing of Yemen
Saudi warplanes have carried out the kingdom's heaviest bombardment of the Yemeni soil since the onset of the holy fasting month of Ramadan, targeting the vicinity of the Presidential Palace in the capital Sana'a.
(Press tv) -- The aircraft pounded al-Nahdain Mountain in the south of the city five times early Monday, Yemen's official Saba' Net news agency reported. The strikes destroyed several residential buildings and inflicted other material damage, but there was no immediate word on possible casualties.
Also on Monday, Yemen's al-Masirah television network released footage of the damage caused a day earlier by Saudi airstrikes on a health center in the northwestern province of Sa'ada, used to treat cholera patients.
The attack took place as the outbreak continues to spread across the country, having already claimed more than 600 lives.
Separately, the Yemen al-Yawm television channel conducted an interview with former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who rejected claims that his allied Army and popular forces had received even a single bullet from Iran.
Saudi Arabia has been carrying out the bombing campaign since March 2015 to restore Saleh's pro-Riyadh successor, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi. Hadi had resigned earlier that year and refused to negotiate power with Yemen's popular Houthi Ansarullah movement, which ally Saleh.
Riyadh accuses Tehran of arming the forces towards preventing Hadi's reinstatement. The Islamic Republic rejects the claim.
Saleh said the ballistic missiles, which the Army has been firing onto the Saudi soil in retaliation for the invasion are part of the strategic stockpile, which he had procured during his tenure.
The missiles, he said, have actually been bought by the very $60 billion, which he is being accused of misappropriating.
Source: Al-Alam News Network