Saudi war against Yemen: Emergency in Sanaa as cholera kills scores
A state of emergency has been declared in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, after an outbreak of cholera killed scores of people.
Hospitals in the city, which is controlled by Ansarullah, are crowded with cholera patients.
The Red Cross says the number of suspected cases in the country has tripled in a week to more than 8,500.
Yemen has been ravaged by hunger and the saudi-led war against the country, allowing disease to spread rapidly.
Two-thirds of the population do not have access to safe drinking water, according to the UN.
Dominik Stillhart, director of operations at the International Committee of the Red Cross, told a news conference in Sanaa on Sunday that there had been 115 deaths from cholera nationwide from 27 April - 13 May. "We now are facing a serious outbreak," he said.
Saudi Arabia and its allies (the Saudi-led Coalition) have launched a military operation against Yemen since 25 March 2015 titled "Decisive Storm" in order to return the saudi-backed former president 'Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi', by force, to power after his mandate expired in January 2015.
Source: Al-Alam News Network