Recent Posts

No Talks or Conversations with Iran, Trump Says

Washington: US President Donald Trump stressed on Tuesday that no talks or conversations between Washington and Tehran were being held or were scheduled. "The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect," Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform, claiming that the strategic Strait of Hormuz is "open and operating," in contradiction to Iranian reports. "All water mines have been removed or detonated," Trump said of the strait, through which a fifth of the world's oil transited before the war began in late February.

According to Deutsche Welle, Trump's latest statement came after a 60-day negotiating period between the US and Iran ended with no clear resolution, causing stock markets to largely fall and interest rates to spike on Tuesday. The US president's remarks also came hours after Iran again insisted that Washington must comply with the framework agreement the two sides agreed in mid-June for the Strait of Hormuz to be reopened.

Parliament speaker and leading negotiator, Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf, told a parliamentary session on Tuesday that the strategic waterway would remain closed until the US honors its obligations, including "lifting the naval blockade, releasing frozen assets, lifting oil sanctions and ending threats and military operations on all fronts." Earlier on Tuesday, the British military's UK Maritime Trade Operations center reported that a projectile hit a ship as it sailed out of the Strait of Hormuz.